They say age is just a number, and here's the truth: it absolutely is.
As we gracefully stride into our fifties and beyond, we bring with us a treasure trove of wisdom, experiences, and confidence.
And what better way to celebrate this new chapter of life than by sculpting strong, beautiful arms that reflect our inner vitality?
Ladies, it's time to wave goodbye to any doubts about your fitness game because, in this blog post, we've got your back (and your biceps)!
So, whether you're just starting your fitness journey or looking to revamp your arm routine, get ready to uncover the best arm exercises tailored specifically for the marvelous women over 50:
6 Arm Exercises For Women Over 50 At Home
Listed below are the fabulous 50s arm exercises that are sure to become your new favorites:
1. Hand Grippers
Hand Grippers improve grip strength, which is vital for maintaining dexterity and performing daily activities like opening jars or carrying groceries.
| Added Bonus:
We have hand grippers with multiple strengths so anyone from a beginner to a pro may choose some based on their liking.
- Hold the hand gripper in one hand, with your fingers resting on the handles and your thumb on the opposite side.
- Start with the gripper in the open position, meaning the handles are apart.
- Squeeze the handles together as tightly as you can using your fingers and thumb.
- Hold the gripper in the squeezed position for a few seconds.
- Slowly release the tension and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch to the other hand.
2. Gripzilla Twister Forearm Twist
You can also incorporate forearm twists using the Gripzilla Twister, a fantastic exercise for developing robust arm muscles.
- To get started, hold the Gripzilla Twister with both hands, ensuring your palms are facing each other.
- Begin by allowing the spinning weight to naturally unwind as you twist your wrists outward.
- Then, engage your wrists in an inward twist to wind the weight back up.
- Aim for 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions, and as you advance, progressively intensify the resistance for optimal results.
3. Bicep Curls
Bicep Curls are amongst the best arm workout for ladies over 50 that help strengthen the muscles in the front of the upper arm, promoting better arm function for everyday tasks such as lifting and carrying.
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand, arms fully extended by your sides, and palms facing forward.
- Keep your upper arms stationary and slowly curl the weights while contracting your biceps.
- Continue to raise the weights until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level.
- Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze your biceps.
- Slowly begin to bring the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
4. Wall Push-Ups
Wall Push-Ups are excellent for toning the arms, chest and triceps while improving upper body strength and posture, which can be especially important with age-related posture changes.
- Stand facing a wall at arm's length.
- Place your hands flat on the wall, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Step your feet back, creating a slight angle between your body and the wall.
- Keep your body in a straight line from head to heels.
- Lower your chest toward the wall by bending your elbows while keeping your body in a straight line.
- Push back to the starting position by extending your arms.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
5. Dumbbell Punch
Dumbbell Punches engage the shoulder and arm muscles, enhancing overall arm definition and coordination.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, palms facing forward.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and engage your core.
- Begin by extending one arm straight forward in a punching motion while keeping the other arm bent.
- Quickly retract the extended arm to the starting position.
- Alternate punching with each arm in a controlled and rhythmic manner.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, alternating arms.
6. Tricep Dips
Tricep Dips are fantastic arm exercises for women over the age of 50 as they target the back of the arms, reducing the appearance of "bat wings" and aiding in tasks that involve pushing motions.
- Find a stable surface like parallel bars, a sturdy chair, or a bench.
- Sit on the edge of the surface and place your hands beside your hips, fingers pointing forward.
- Walk your feet forward, allowing your hips to move off the surface.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows until they are at a 90-degree angle.
- Push your body back up by straightening your arms, but avoid locking your elbows at the top.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, being mindful of maintaining proper form.
Ladies, age is just a number, and our arms are a canvas that tells the story of our strength, determination, and zest for life.
With the right arm workouts, consistency, and a sprinkle of determination, you can sculpt your arms into a work of art that reflects your vitality and self-confidence.
Let’s start doing these arm workouts for 50+ women, and get over your saggy sleeves.