Are you a proud butt lover looking to add more volume and roundness to your buns?
Believe it or not, there’s an assortment of amazing exercises that can help you achieve the perfect perky posterior.
So, if you’re ready to get serious about strengthening and shaping that glorious gluteus maximus, let’s take a look at some of the best exercises for getting those heart-stopping curves:
Best Exercises For A Big Round Bum
If you are wondering how to turn a square bum into a round one, we have got you covered with these butt-lifting exercises:
1. Frog Pumps
Frog pump targets the gluteus maximus, the largest muscle in the buttocks, promoting its growth and firmness.
It’s one of the best workouts to get a big round butt that activates the glute muscles effectively due to the range of motion involved in the hip thrusting movement.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, hip-width apart. Place your arms comfortably by your sides, palms facing down. This is your starting position.
- Press your feet firmly into the ground and engage your glutes and core muscles.
- Inhale and slowly lift your hips off the floor while squeezing your glutes. Push through your heels to lift as high as you comfortably can, creating a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Exhale and hold the position at the top for a second or two, feeling the contraction in your glutes.
- Inhale again and lower your hips back down, but don't let them touch the ground. Keep the tension in your glutes.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions, maintaining control throughout the exercise.
2. Deep Squat
It engages multiple muscle groups, including the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and core, making it a compound glute exercise.
This exercise helps strengthen the muscles of the lower body, contributing to a shapelier butt and improving lower body mobility.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Toes should be pointing slightly outward.
- Engage your core, keep your chest up, and maintain a neutral spine as you bend your knees and push your hips back.
- Lower your body into a squat position, going as deep as you comfortably can. Aim to have your thighs at least parallel to the ground. Your knees should be aligned with your toes, not collapsing inward.
- Hold this position for a moment, feeling the stretch and tension in your glutes and thighs.
- Push through your heels and extend your hips and knees to return to the starting position, standing tall.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions, ensuring proper form throughout the exercise.
3. Fire Hydrants
This exercise can be beneficial for individuals with lower back pain as it encourages activation of the gluteal muscles to support the lumbar region.
It’s one of the few butt rounding workouts that poses low impact, so people with joint problems can easily do it.
- Start on all fours with your hands directly under your shoulders and knees under your hips. Your back should be straight and core engaged.
- Keeping your right knee bent at a 90-degree angle, lift your right leg out to the side, parallel to the ground. Focus on using your glutes to lift the leg, not relying on momentum.
- Hold the lifted position for a moment, feeling the contraction in your right glute.
- Slowly lower your right leg back down, but don't let it touch the ground.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions on the right side.
- Switch to the left leg and repeat the exercise with the same number of repetitions.
Best Exercises To Get A Bubble Butt
Listed below are the best exercises to lift and round buttocks at home:
4. Reverse Lunge
Reverse lunges have to be on your list of the best exercise for women to have a round buttock as it helps in symmetrical glute development.
It also increases leg strength and stability, enhancing overall lower body function along with improving balance and coordination, especially when performed without support.
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart. Engage your core for stability.
- Take a step backward with your right foot, landing on the ball of your foot first. Lower your body until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle. The front knee should be aligned with your ankle, not going beyond your toes.
- Push through your left heel to return to the starting position.
- Perform the same movement with your left leg stepping back.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
5. Bird Dog
Bird dog simultaneously targets the glutes and core, promoting a stable and strong lower back and butt.
It’s a result-driven bum exercise to get bigger bum as it helps in developing a mind-muscle connection, enhancing the ability to engage the glutes effectively in other exercises.
- Start on all fours with your hands directly under your shoulders and knees under your hips. Keep your back straight and core engaged.
- Simultaneously extend your right arm out in front of you and your left leg straight behind you. Keep your hips and shoulders parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for a moment, engaging your core and glutes for stability.
- Exhale and bring your right elbow and left knee underneath your body to touch or almost touch them together.
- Inhale and extend the right arm and left leg again, returning to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement on the right side for the desired number of repetitions.
- Switch to the left arm and right leg, and repeat the exercise with the same number of repetitions.
Over To You
The great thing about having a round butt is that it looks good and can make exercise a lot easier.
Not to mention, there are so many exercises out there that target the glutes to help you get an even more beautiful, shiny round backside.
From squats to lunges, kickbacks to deadlifts, there are plenty of round butt exercises you do to work out your booty.
So don't be afraid to put in some serious butt-kicking work at the gym – because with hard work comes great reward! A lovely round bottom awaits you.