Are you looking to get your body in shape but don’t know where to start?
Apple-shaped women often find that the classic diet and exercise plans just aren’t right for their unique body type. But there is a way.
By adopting an exercise plan specifically tailored to apple-shaped bodies, you can potentially achieve the goals that have felt out of reach up until now.
In this blog post, we will discuss five of the best exercises for apple-shaped women – exercises designed to target problem areas while giving long-lasting results.
So, if you want to make healthy changes that last a lifetime, keep reading ahead:
Top 5 Exercises For Apple Shape Body
We have got some of the best exercises for apple shape figures. Let’s talk about all of them:
1. Goblet Squat
The quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes are the primary muscle groups this ingenious exercise targets for an apple-shaped body. With a weight in front of you, you can lean back into the squat motion.
Beginners may find this simpler than without weight because the weight functions as a counterweight. Alternatively, you can squat with less weight or not quite as deeply.
How To Do Goblet Squat?
- You can perform this workout with a kettlebell or dumbbell.
- Hold the kettlebell by the sides of the handles if you're using one.
- If you're using dumbbells, keep your palms under the weights and hold them upright.
- Be sure to keep the bar in front of your chest while keeping your elbows tucked in close to your ribs.
- To begin, squat down with your feet planted firmly on the ground. As you squat, do your best to maintain a neutral spine.
- The correct form is to bend over so that your forearms contact your upper thighs and then to stand back up.
2. Low Plank
Planks help to build core strength and may reduce the risk of back problems. They are also a basic and uncomplicated workout for an apple-shaped body.
You can alter by getting on your knees or doing the plank with your hands on a bench or a wall.
How To Do Low Plank?
- Go down on the floor and belly up.
- Position your elbows so that they are directly beneath your shoulders, and plant your forearms under you.
- Raise your entire body off the ground, leaving just your toes and arms resting there.
- The rest of your body, from your shoulders to your ankles, should be in a straight line.
- Keep your hips from sinking toward the floor, and hold this position for as long as you can (at least 10 seconds).
3. T-Push Ups
It is a great workout for the upper body that concentrates on the shoulders, triceps, and chest.
If you have an apple-shaped figure, make sure you add this workout to your training sooner than later.
How To Do T-Push Ups?
- Get into a plank position, then lower your upper body until it's no more than two inches off the floor.
- Lift one arm to the side as if reaching for the ceiling, then perform a push-up while rotating your body to the side.
- Keep this position for a second, then switch to the opposite side.
4. Dumbbell Row
Still confused about how to reverse an apple body shape? Well, you better start doing dumbbell row to get the job done.
It’s one of the best moves that will tone your body like a dream.
How To Do Dumbbell Row?
- Place your right knee and hand flat on a bench while standing perpendicular to the bench.
- Keep your left foot planted on the ground behind you while you lift the dumbbell with your left hand.
- Without rounding your back, bring your left elbow above your body while lifting the weight.
- Lift using your arm, not your twisted shoulders.
- The dumbbell should reach your ribcage or chest at its highest point. After that, let the load drop again.
- Do 10 repetitions on each arm.
5. Donkey Kicks
Try some donkey kicks for a wonderful workout focusing on the gluteus maximus, the largest muscle in the glutes.
Maintain a firm abdominal core, a straight back, and a low body position while performing donkey kicks. Exhale and relax into a backflip, but don't go above the hip with your bent leg. As you lower your leg, keep your weight spread evenly and take a deep breath in.
How To Do Donkey Kicks?
- Put your hands and knees on the ground.
- Knees should be under the hips, and hands should be squarely under the shoulders.
- Use your abs to build a solid pelvic foundation and sturdy spine. The back of the neck will stay flat if you keep your chin tucked and look out and down.
- Lift your right leg behind you toward the ceiling using your glutes (squeeze your glutes to stimulate them), maintaining your right knee bent at a ninety-degree angle and your right foot flexed.
- Maintain a neutral, sturdy back and a square pelvis by keeping your hips level and perpendicular to the floor. It's important to take your time during the exercise to ensure that you get the complete range of motion and perform it correctly.
- You should repeat the exercise using your right leg, lowering it to the starting position each time.
- After you've done all the reps, switch to the other side.
It is clear that making a commitment to improving your health is the best way to approach increasing physical fitness.
Whether you are an apple-shaped woman or someone of another body type, there are always viable and safe ways to maintain healthy activity levels.
The five exercises mentioned above can be easily incorporated into any fitness routine and will help establish a strong foundation for continued physical health in the long run.
Remember; always ensure you take good care of yourself mentally and physically by treating your body with respect and creating realistic goals as you strive for success.
Start today and make a difference in your life – no matter who you are or your body's shape.