Are you looking for the ultimate glute workout? Are you tired of doing squats day-in and day-out and want to switch things up with some different exercises that will really hit your butt muscles hard?
If so, then get ready because we are about to give you the low-down on some of the best butt exercises for men.
By the end of this post, you'll be set up with a killer glutes routine perfect for strengthening and toning your backside.
So let's not waste any more time - here are our top picks for great booty-building workouts, sure to have your friends asking "Where did YOU get THAT booty?!"
How To Improve Buttocks For Male At Home
Let’s take a look at the best workouts you can do to strengthen your buttocks:
1. Goblet Squat
If you are looking to activate the glutes, quadriceps, and core muscles simultaneously, consider adding this at-home butt exercise for men.
It requires less weight than traditional barbell squats, making it a great option for beginners or those with limited equipment.
- Hold a dumbbell or kettlebell at chest height, close to your body, with both hands.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointed outward.
- Begin the exercise by sitting back and down, as if in a chair.
- Throughout the exercise, keep your chest high, core engaged, and weight on your heels.
- Lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to or slightly below the ground.
- To return to the beginning posture, drive through your heels and push your hips forward.
- Maintain appropriate form and control as you repeat for the required number of repetitions.
2. Glute Bridge
It isolates and strengthens the gluteus maximus, hamstrings, and core muscles. This is one of the best glute exercises for men that can help alleviate lower back pain and enhance athletic performance.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, hip-width apart.
- Place your arms by your sides, palms facing down.
- Engage your core and glute muscles, and press your heels into the ground.
- Lift your hips off the ground, driving through your heels, until your body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement, then lower your hips back down with control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, maintaining proper form and control.
3. Trap Bar Deadlift
It engages multiple muscle groups, including the glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and lower back.
Moreover, this workout provides a safer alternative to conventional barbell deadlifts, with reduced stress on the lower back.
- Position yourself in the middle of a trap bar with your ankles hip-width apart.
- Squat down and grasp the trap bar's handles with your palms facing your body.
- Engage your core, maintain a flat back, and raise your torso.
- Drive through the heels, extend the pelvis and knees, and stand tall.
- Maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement and avoid excessive arching or rounding.
- Controllably return the trap bar to the beginning position.
- Maintaining appropriate form and control, complete the desired number of repetitions.
Exercises To Tighten Men Buttocks
Unsure of how to strengthen and tighten your buttock? We have got you covered with these power-packed exercises:
4. Hip Thrust
Hip thrusts have to be on your list of top butt workouts for men as they target the gluteus maximus, the largest muscle in the buttocks, leading to increased strength and size.
They can also help improve hip extension, which is crucial for athletic performance and functional movements.
- Place your back against a bench while seated on the ground with your knees bent and feet level on the ground.
- Position a loaded barbell just below your pelvic bone across your pelvis.
- Hands should be placed on the object for stability.
- Drive through your heels and extend your hips upward until your quadriceps and torso are parallel.
- At the movement's peak, squeeze your glutes and gently lower your hips.
- Repeat the desired number of times while maintaining proper form and control.
5. Curtsy Lunge
It targets the gluteus medius, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, and hamstrings, enhancing lateral stability, balance, and coordination.
This is probably the finest workout to tighten men’s buttocks as it uniquely contrasts traditional lunges, promoting muscle growth and strength.
- Place your hands on your hips and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Take a diagonal step with your left leg behind you, crossing it behind your right leg.
- Maintaining your torso erect, bend both knees and lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- To return to the beginning position, push through your right heel.
- Step diagonally behind with your right leg on the other side.
- Ensure appropriate form and control throughout by alternating sides for the necessary number of repetitions.
Clamshell is amongst men's best buttock strengthening exercises as it activates the gluteus medius, an important muscle for hip stability and preventing injuries.
It is also useful for correcting muscle imbalances and enhancing overall lower body strength.
- Lie on your side with your legs stacked on top of each other, knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Rest your head on your arm or use a pillow for support.
- Keep your feet together and engage your core muscles.
- Slowly lift your top knee away from the bottom knee while keeping your feet in contact with each other.
- Pause at the top of the movement, feeling the contraction in your glutes.
- Lower your knee back down with control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on one side before switching to the other side.
Butt workouts can take your physique to the next level and help you strengthen your backside.
Whether your goal is to build muscle or reduce fat, a variety of exercises can help you achieve it.
Although this article has outlined some of the best butt exercises for men to include in a workout routine, there is a plethora of movements out there for shapely buns.
Keep experimenting with different exercises and get creative with rest periods and sets to challenge yourself further and keep things interesting in the gym.