The importance of a strong core and abdominal muscles can't be understated.
A solid core plays an important role in providing stability for the rest of your body and is essential for any physical activity you might want to undertake.
Calisthenics abs exercises are a great way to build that strength, adding power, endurance, agility, and balance that will help you perform better in whatever sports or other activities you love doing.
In this blog post, we'll take a look at some of the best calisthenics ab exercises to help you have one of the most impressive sets of 15-pack abs in town.
Shall we start?
- Calisthenics Leg Exercises
- Calisthenics Shoulder Exercises
- Calisthenics Chest Exercises
- Calisthenics Back Exercises
- Calisthenics Core Exercises
- Calisthenics Bicep Exercises
- Best Arm Wrestling Exercises
- Best Calisthenics Arm Exercises
Best At-Home Calisthenics Abs Exercises
These are the best calisthenics exercises for abs that can be performed inside the home, garden, or anywhere, and you won’t have to go to the gym to tone your body.
Let’s find out how to do these exercises with perfection:
1. Hollow Body Crunch
One of the best calisthenics exercises for abs is the hollow body crunch. It quickly accelerates the development of six-pack abs by heavily activating and engaging core muscles (if you have a low body fat percentage).
Up to six muscles can be worked at once, including the abdominal muscle and the oblique, hip flexors, back, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
How To Perform Hollow Body Crunch?
- Lay on your back on the mat with your legs straight out in front of you and your arms straight behind you.
- Lift your legs off the ground while maintaining a firm core. Bend your knees in front of you so that your feet are facing front and your thighs are parallel to your hips. That's the beginning.
- Inhale, maintain your lower back on the floor, and lift your upper torso and arms off the floor (until you feel the contraction in your abs).
- Take a deep breath, pause for a second, and lower your torso to the mat. Repeat as needed.
- With the least amount of rest, perform two sets.
2. Reverse Crunches
When compared to regular crunches, reverse crunches are superior because they more effectively work the abdominal muscles and place less strain on the lower back. With the help of reverse crunches, you may strengthen your lower abs in a targeted manner.
You can increase your chances of getting six-pack abs quickly by including reverse crunches in your at-home calisthenics ab exercises.
How To Perform Reverse Crunches?
- Feet flat on the ground, knees bent so your thighs are in line with your hips.
- Maintain an outstretched arms position with your hands pointing down. That's the beginning.
- Once your abdominal muscles are fully contracted, exhale, brace them, lift your feet off the ground, bring your knees toward your chest, and keep your knees bent. When you pull your knees up to your chest, your hips will likewise be elevated off the floor.
- After a little period of holding, continue breathing normally before bringing your knees back to the starting position. Then, do the following repetitions without setting your feet on the ground.
- Perform two sets of 10 to 20 repetitions depending on your strength and endurance.
3. Heel Taps
Another ingenious calisthenics exercise for bulking up your abs is the heel taps.
It may seem easy and straightforward to get it done, but you require sheer precision and practice to do it flawlessly.
How To Perform Heel Taps?
- Your feet should be flat on the ground when you lay on your back.
- Your knees and feet should be tucked in high, near your glutes.
- With your hands by your sides, tighten your left obliques so that your left hand can touch your left heel and then your right obliques so that your right hand can do the same. There is one rep in this.
- Repeat this motion as necessary to complete the number of sets and reps.
4. Windshield Wipers
It’s an advanced calisthenics ab exercise that will transform your body for good.
Anyone who wants to see 6-packs on his/her body should include it in the list of ab exercises; however, it needs to be done perfectly and precisely to get the desired result.
How To Perform Windshield Wipers?
- Your legs should be straight and close together while you lay on the mat.
- Maintain a straight arm position with your palms facing down.
- Raise your legs until your feet are pointed toward the ground while maintaining a tight core and a firm grip with your hands.
- As you do so, lower your legs first to the right, then to the left. And then repeat as often as you like.
- Your abdominal muscles will contract during the entire exercise.
5. Bicycle Crunch
Giving a dynamic twist on the traditional crunch, you can strengthen your abs, obliques, and serratus anterior all at once.
Bicycle crushes have to be your best bet if you want to get into calisthenics exercises for powerful abs.
How To Perform Bicycle Crunches?
- Get into a crunch position with your hands at your forehead, and your elbows bent. Keep both feet on a raised surface and a small bend in both knees.
- Put in some work on the abs as you pull your left elbow and right knee in close together, almost touching.
- Alternate sides by bringing your right knee back to the original starting position as you repeat the same on the left.
Now that you know some of the best calisthenics abs exercises, it’s time to put them into action.
Gripzilla can help you get started on your fitness journey with its comprehensive range of workout equipment.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get fit and look good with Gripzilla today!