Whether you’re a beginner in the gym or an experienced athlete, incorporating compound exercises into your workout routine can have a significant impact on your fat loss and muscle gain goals.
Compound exercises are multi-joint movements that help to both burn calories over time and trigger increased muscular growth when done with proper form.
This type of training accomplished more work per exercise by recruiting multiple muscles at once, so you don’t have to do as many sets of individual exercises for each muscle group.
In this post, we’ll take a look at five of the best compound exercises for fat loss that target multiple muscles simultaneously—helping you reach your fitness goals faster while avoiding unnecessary strain on tendons and ligaments.
Let’s get going:
- Best Compound Resistance Exercises
- Best Compound Glute Exercises
- Best Triceps Compound Exercises
- Best Compound Abs Exercises
- Best Compound Chest Exercises
- Best Compound Shoulder Exercises
- Best Compound Leg Exercises
- Best Compound Back Exercises
Best Compound Exercises To Shed Belly Fat
Don’t you know what are the best compound exercises for fat loss? Here are the top few of them:
1. Romanian Deadlift
One of the most effective compound workouts for reducing fat, the Romanian deadlift is an extremely challenging exercise.
They also assist with increasing muscle mass and improving cardiovascular health.
How To Do Romanian Deadlift?
- To begin, stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure your arms are fully stretched at your sides and grab a barbell with both hands.
- Ideally, you'll have the load resting on the front of your thighs.
- Gently bring the load down to the floor by bending at the hips.
- Make sure your chest is open and your shoulders are pulled down and back.
- At the precise moment the load is suspended above the ground, return it to its central location.
Squats are an excellent total-body compound workout for fat loss at home since they engage nearly every muscle group.
They do a great job of boosting stamina and sculpting the physique. Your bones, ligaments, and tendons will all get a good workout when you squat. Mostly, they target the thighs, glutes, and hamstrings. In addition, they strengthen the abdominal and back muscles.
How To Do Squats?
- To begin, spread your feet far apart.
- Keep your legs as straight and parallel as possible to one another. Turning your feet outwards by no more than fifteen degrees will help.
- Next, squat down with your arms extended.
- Make sure your knees are bent, your bottom is facing out, and your waist is tucked in as you lower yourself. It's almost identical to the position you'd assume when sitting down.
- Your hips should be parallel to the floor while you perform this exercise.
- After you reach this posture, you can raise yourself back to the beginning position.
- Do three sets of twenty repetitions.
- Always keep your eyes forward and your knees over your ankles when performing squats.
3. Lunge Jumps
You may consider lunge jumps as one of the most recommended at-home compound exercises to burn more calories and have strength training. Anyone who has a love for fitness can do it with continuous practice.
How To Do Lunge Jumps?
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart to perform lunge jumps.
- To take a forward step, swing your right foot forward.
- Bring the back of your knee a third of the way down to the floor.
- Jump up quickly while keeping your right foot in front of you. When you land, absorb the impact by bending your front knee and lowering your back knee, and then immediately move into the next repeat.
- For the specified number of repetitions, repeat on both sides.
4. Bench Press
This is a multi-muscle compound exercise for fat loss and muscle gain that targets the pecs, shoulders, and triceps. While traditionally associated with men, bench presses can be done by women as well.
Maintaining a steady respiratory rate is crucial during a bench press if you want to burn more calories.
How To Do Bench Press?
- Lay down flat on a bench first. Ensure the bench is firm and straight. You don't want to fall or have poor form.
- Grab the bar with a grip just wider than your shoulders and hold it straight over your head, arms locked.
- Drop the bar down until it just touches your chest from the previous position.
- Take a few seconds to hold this position.
- As you exhale, push the bar back up to its initial position. That's the equivalent of one rep.
- You may perform any number of repetitions.
5. Resistance Band Seated Row
This compound exercise for weight loss targets your triceps, rhomboids, chest, and lats. In order to do this exercise, a resistance band is required.
How To Do Resistance Band Seated Row?
- To begin, locate a comfortable sitting position on the floor with your legs spread out in front of you.
- Under the arches of your feet, wrap a treatment resistance band. Standing or sitting, you should maintain a straight back, an open chest, and a backward roll of the shoulders.
- To do this, flex your elbows and pull them back. Contract your shoulder blades. Don't slouch.
- Bring your hands back to their starting position after they've been extended.
- Three sets of fifteen repetitions should be performed.
All in all, the five best compound exercises for fat loss and muscle gain make up a solid foundation for any exercise regime.
Lunge jumps, weighted squats, bench presses, and deadlifts are an optimal combination to help you achieve your goals.
Those looking to combine these compound exercises with cardio should consider box jumps and burpees to create an intense fat-burning session.
Whatever your end goal may be, whether it’s building muscle or losing fat, it’s important to remember that consistency is key – stay focused on what you want to achieve, and don’t get down if you feel like you aren’t making progress.
With discipline and commitment to these compound exercises, you can easily reach your fitness targets with optimal results in no time at all!