Are you tired of looking like Popeye the Sailor Man when you wave to your friends?
Say goodbye to flabby arms with these five exercises designed to ton and strengthen those upper limbs.
From curls to dips, we’ll walk through the most effective moves for getting rid of those pesky jiggles and shaking off those waves when you wave hello.
So, if you’re ready to show off some smooth, sleek arms, then keep reading straight ahead – it's time to get serious about sculpting your arms:
Best Exercises For Flabby Arms At Home
Are you looking for ways to get rid of flabby arms at home? If so, let’s kick things off with these best workouts designed for toning flabby arms:
1. Tricep Dips
Tricep dips are a fantastic exercise for targeting the triceps, which often contribute to the appearance of flabby arms.
By performing tricep dips, you engage and strengthen the muscles at the back of your arms, helping to tone and firm them.
This exercise is particularly effective at isolating the triceps and promoting greater definition in that area.
- Find a sturdy surface like parallel bars, the edge of a bench, or a stable chair.
- Sit on the edge of the surface with your hands placed shoulder-width apart, fingers pointing forward.
- Slide your hips forward and off the surface while keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows until they are at a 90-degree angle.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position by straightening your arms.
- Be sure to keep your back close to the surface and engage your triceps as you perform the movement.
2. Bicep Curls
Bicep curls primarily target the front of the upper arm but play a crucial role in overall arm strength and balance.
As you perform bicep curls with proper form, you're building strength in your biceps, helping to create a harmonious contrast to the triceps.
This balance in muscle development contributes to sculpted and firmer arms, reducing the appearance of flabby arms.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Let your arms hang by your sides with your palms facing forward.
- Keep your upper arms stationary and bend your elbows to lift the dumbbells toward your shoulders.
- Squeeze your biceps at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, maintaining control throughout the motion.
3. Tricep Kickbacks
Tricep kickbacks are a highly effective exercise for getting rid of flabby arms. This movement targets the muscles at the back of your arms, strengthening and tightening them.
As you extend your arms behind you with the dumbbells, you engage the triceps, which can lead to more defined and less flabby arm contours over time.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Bring your elbows close to your sides at a 90-degree angle.
- Extend your arms behind you by straightening your elbows, while keeping them close to your body.
- Squeeze your triceps at the top of the movement, then return to the starting position.
4. Wall Push-Ups
Wall push-ups are an excellent bodyweight arm exercise for individuals who may be new to strength training or have limited upper body strength.
This exercise engages the chest, shoulders, and triceps, contributing to overall arm strength and muscle definition.
The controlled movement and resistance provided by your body weight can help reduce flabbiness and bat wings.
- Stand facing a wall and place your hands on the wall at shoulder height, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Step back a few feet from the wall, keeping your body straight.
- Lower your chest toward the wall by bending your elbows while keeping your body in a straight line.
- Push yourself away from the wall by straightening your arms.
- Ensure that your core is engaged, and your body remains in a plank-like position throughout the movement.
5. Seated Overhead Tricep Extensions
Seated overhead tricep extensions are a targeted exercise/stretch for the triceps. By extending your arms overhead with a dumbbell, you're isolating and strengthening the triceps muscles.
This exercise promotes leaner and firmer triceps, helping to eliminate the appearance of loose skin or flabbiness in the back of the arms.
- Sit on a bench or a sturdy chair with back support.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands and lift it overhead.
- Keep your back straight and your core engaged.
- Bend your elbows and lower the dumbbell behind your head, maintaining your upper arms in a fixed position.
- Extend your arms to lift the dumbbell back to the starting position.
Over To You
Everyone has their own unique body type, so the best way to get those arms in shape is by combining cardio, strength training and a healthy diet.
And with consistency and dedication, no doubt you’ll achieve that goal.
So take care of yourself, stick to these exercises for flabby arms, and work hard for the arms you’ve always wanted.