Having a strong chest is essential for both health and physical appearance. Not only can it help you prevent injuries, but it also gives your body a more well-defined look.
Achieving the perfect physique comes down to discipline and doing the proper exercises; however, there are certain ones that can help maximize your chest growth at an accelerated rate.
In this post, we’ll discuss 5 of those inner chest exercises that will take your chest from flabby to massive in no time.
Let’s get started:
Best Exercises For Inner Chest Development
Here are some of the best inner chest workouts that will help you have a massive and muscular chest:
1. Cable Fly
The finest workouts for concentrating strain on the inside chest are cable flys. Unlike with free weights, the muscle is actively engaged throughout the entire range of motion with cable exercises.
Moreover, the cable machine allows you to experiment with a wide range of exercises that could prove to be beneficial.
How To Do Cable Fly?
- Choose a challenging weight and position the cable handles so that they are just below your shoulders. Position yourself in the center of the rack and take a step forward so that your arms are at your sides.
- To begin, bring your hands together, keeping your elbows bent.
- Concentrate on applying pressure to the inner aspect of the pecs.
- When your hands touch in front of you, pause but keep the pecs tight.
- Return your arms to your sides gradually; even at rest, you should feel a mild strain.
2. Kneeling Landmine Angled Press
If you want to know how to build your inner chest, consider this kneeling landmine-angled press workout.
This exercise differs from traditional pressing variations due to the press's angle. The barbell moves up and forward at a 45-degree angle.
How To Do Kneeling Landmine Angled Press?
- Place the barbell firmly in the room's corner or use a landmine attachment.
- Position yourself in a split kneeling stance with your front leg up and your rear knee lowered.
- Press the free end of the barbell upward and forward from chest height until the elbow is completely extended.
- The starting position will be returned to as slowly as possible.
3. Plate Pinch/Svend Press
The Svend Press is a chest isolation exercise that deceivingly uses minimal weight to produce stimulation.
It only takes a few 5- or 10-pound weight plates squeezed together with a light arm motion to set your chest on fire!
How To Do Plate Pinch/Svend Press?
- Beginning at chest height, pinch together two 5-pound plates with both hands.
- Pull your shoulders down and back as you squeeze your hands together and slowly push the plates out in front of you.
- Apply some pressure up and in the direction of the ceiling.
- To prepare for the following set, bring the hands back in until the plates are resting against the chest.
Inner Chest Exercises To Do At Home
If you feel going to the gym is a problem for you, we have got some inner chest exercises that can be done at home:
4. Dumbbell Flyes
Dumbbell flyes are one of the most well-liked workouts for developing the inner chest. Although this exercise is thought to be fundamental and straightforward, it can be difficult to manage if you have never done it.
Flyes are one of the few exercises that will build the pecs of dreams.
How To Do Dumbbell Flyes?
- Recline on the bench with your arms stretched above your head.
- Reduce tension by slowly letting the dumbbells swing out to the sides as you open your chest.
- Essentially, you'll be making a "hug" gesture.
- Bring the bar down until you feel a stretch in your chest and upper back. This will be at or just below shoulder height.
- You need to do it backward so that it's at the top again.
5. Narrow Grip Push-Up
One of the best bodyweight exercises for the inner chest is a narrow grip push-up.
If you want to grow your chest muscles faster, try doing push-ups with a narrower stance than usual. This is the same as doing close-grip push-ups.
How To Do Narrow Grip Push-Up?
- With your palms close to you and your arms supporting your upper body, lie face down on the ground with your legs straight.
- Don't touch the floor with your knees. Go into a narrower pushup posture than you would ordinarily.
- Now, with your elbows and arms straight but your elbows close to your body, push yourself off the ground.
- Lift your arms until your elbows are locked, and hold that position for a second. Pull your triceps and chest together and squeeze.
- Now, using a calm, controlled motion, slowly lower your body until your chest is almost touching the ground.
Over To You
The key to a gigantic chest is finding and doing the right exercises. These five inner chest exercises can help you increase muscle mass and give you a more curved and defined chest.
Furthermore, these exercises will help strengthen your tendons and ligaments for increased strength and stability.
Doing these 5 inner chest exercises on a regular basis will ensure your goals are achieved within the expected timeline.
Finally, make sure that after each exercise, you stretch your chest muscles and allow yourself enough time to rest between rigorous sessions so that you can avoid any injuries or other health-related issues.
With patience, discipline, and dedication, all of us can build a big, strong chest.