Having shapely and toned arms is a common goal among those on the fitness journey.
Pulling off your tank top or flaunting sleeveless dresses without hesitation requires building up the biceps.
Among popular methods of creating strong muscles is traditional weight lifting, but you can also look into calisthenics exercises for effective development as well.
In this blog post, we will summarize a couple of essential calisthenics bicep exercises to help you reach your strength goals efficiently.
Let’s get going:
- Calisthenics Leg Exercises
- Calisthenics Shoulder Exercises
- Calisthenics Chest Exercises
- Calisthenics Back Exercises
- Calisthenics Core Exercises
Best Calisthenics Bicep Exercise For Mass
Listed below are the best calisthenics bicep exercises and workouts that can transform your body for good:
1. Horizontal Bodyweight Ring Curls
Horizontal bodyweight ring curls could be your best bet when it comes to result-driven calisthenics bicep exercises. Performing this workout will help you build the biceps of dreams.
How To perform Horizontal Bodyweight Ring Curls?
- Put your body horizontally underneath the rings and take hold of them with a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- On the ring handles, your hands should be spaced shoulder-width apart.
- Maintain a straight spine, a firm core, and engaged glutes.
- Keep your feet flat on the ground while bending your knees.
- In the ideal position, your knees should form a 90-degree angle with the rest of your body.
- Bring your forehead toward the rings and curl both of your arms.
- Make sure your hands are fully supinated at the top by rotating them.
- Do not allow your hips to sag, and keep your elbows close to your torso.
- Observe the peak bicep contraction when you pause at the top.
- Repeat after gradually lowering the eccentric.
2. One Arm Chin Up Negatives
A fantastic biceps exercise is regular chin-ups.
However, negative one-arm chin-ups, on the other hand, put a significant amount of strain on the biceps, which makes it an advanced calisthenics exercise for the biceps. You can modify it to suit your fitness level in various ways.
How To Perform One Arm Chin Up Negatives?
- To get the highest chin-up position, sit on a chair or a bench (hands supinated – facing you).
- Next, while still hanging onto the bar, extend one hand as far to the side as you can.
- From here, tighten your abdominal muscles and steadily lower yourself.
- Keep your elbow close to your body and move slowly.
- As you drop, pay close attention to the link between your mind and your biceps.
- Use your entire range of motion, and extend your elbow all the way to the ground.
- Repetition with your other hand is then performed by leaping back up to the beginning position.
Those of you who are wondering, “can we build biceps with calisthenics?” You can, and headbangers could be a great exercise to make things happen.
Although it demands a lot of balance, this calisthenics workout is highly powerful if done correctly.
How To Perform Headbangers?
- With an overhand hold and a shoulder-width distance, grab the pull-up bar.
- Reach the pinnacle of the pull-up and pause there.
- From here, straighten your elbows and lean back a little as you start to push away from the bar.
- Keep your body from lowering at all and maintain your height.
- Then, swiftly bend your elbows to bring yourself back up to the bar. Act as though you're about to crash your head into the bar.
- Continue quickly yet steadily switching between an extended elbow position and a flexed elbow position.
You may be interested in:
Best Exercises For Arm Wrestling
Calisthenics Bicep Exercises Without Bar
It’s a misconception that you have to have a bar for performing calisthenics exercises because we have got a couple of calisthenics bicep workouts that don’t require any bar or equipment whatsoever.
4. Reverse Grip Pushup
If you are looking for one of the best calisthenics bicep exercises without equipment, we suggest you get things going with the reverse grip pushup.
How To Perform Reverse Grip Pushup?
- With your fingers pointing backward, place your hands shoulder-width apart on the ground.
- Assume the pushup position while maintaining a neutral spine, a tight core, and engaged glutes.
- After then, stoop forward until your hands are in front of your shoulders. Your biceps can only be worked out in this way.
- From here, perform a pushup while keeping your elbows close to your torso.
- It's crucial to keep your body leaning forward the entire time you perform this exercise.
5. One-Handed Wall Pulls
Another ingenious no-bar calisthenics bicep workout is the one-handed wall pull. The best thing about this exercise is that you can perform it with a door frame or maybe a sturdy pole.
How To Perform One-Handed Wall Pulls?
- Look for a strong door frame that can hold your weight.
- Take hold of the door with both hands at chest height.
- Lean back a bit and get your feet as close to the frame as you can.
- Lean back, arms totally straight, and rest your weight entirely on your hands.
- From here, release one hand so that you are relying on the other for support.
- Get your chest to touch the frame by gradually bringing yourself closer to it.
- Concentrate on flexing the biceps to the fullest extent.
As you can see, there are many great calisthenics bicep exercises that you can do to target your biceps specifically.
Remember to always focus on quality over quantity, and make sure to progress slowly so as not to injure yourself. With consistency and dedication, you'll soon be showing off your gains to all your friends at the gym.
Gripzilla is here to help you every step of the way – from providing high-quality workout gear to offering expert advice from our in-house trainers.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get started today and achieve the gains you've always wanted.