Are you tired of waking up feeling groggy and sluggish? Do you struggle to find the energy to start your day off right?
If so, incorporating a few morning exercises into your routine could be just the thing you need to boost your energy and get your day off to a great start.
In this article, we'll discuss the best morning exercises for energy, including yoga sun salutations, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, squats, and jump rope.
We'll also provide you with the ideal number of reps and sets for each exercise so that you can get the most out of your morning workout.
Top 5 Morning Exercises For Energy
Listed below are the best morning exercises for beginners and advanced folks to boost their energy levels:
1. Yoga Sun Salutations
If you're looking for one of the best morning workouts to boost your energy levels and wake your body up, yoga sun salutations are an excellent way to do it.
This series of yoga poses can help to increase flexibility, improve circulation, and reduce stress levels.
How To Do Yoga Sun Salutations?
- To perform a sun salutation, start in a standing position with your hands at your heart center.
- Inhale and lift your arms up over your head, then exhale and fold forward, bringing your hands to the ground.
- Inhale and lift your chest forward into a half-forward fold, then exhale and step back into a plank position.
- Lower down into a push-up, then inhale and lift your chest into an upward-facing dog position.
- Exhale and push back into a downward-facing dog position, then hold for a few breaths before stepping forward and repeating the sequence.
Ideal reps and sets: Start with 2-3 rounds and gradually work up to 5-6 rounds.
2. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are also a great morning exercise for beginners to do at home that can help to get your heart rate up and increase blood flow to your muscles.
They're also a great way to burn calories and improve cardiovascular health.
How To Do Jumping Jacks?
- To perform a jumping jack, start in a standing position with your feet together and your arms at your sides.
- Jump your feet out to the sides while lifting your arms up over your head, then jump back to the starting position.
Ideal reps and sets: Start with 20-30 jumping jacks and gradually work up to 50-100 jumping jacks.
3. Mountain Climbers
Are you uncertain of how to boost energy in the morning through exercises? If so, mountain climbers are a challenging exercise that can help to improve core strength, stability, and endurance.
They also work your arms, shoulders, and legs, making them a great full-body workout.
How To Do Mountain Climbers?
- To perform mountain climbers, start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bring your right knee towards your chest, then quickly switch and bring your left knee towards your chest.
- Keep alternating legs as quickly as you can for 30 seconds to a minute.
Ideal reps and sets: Start with 2-3 sets of 30 seconds to a minute each.
Squats have to be on your list of the best morning stretches for boosting energy levels, as they are a great way to strengthen your legs, glutes, and core muscles.
They also help to improve balance and posture, which can be especially beneficial if you spend a lot of time sitting or standing throughout the day.
How To Do Squats?
- To perform a squat, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Keep your back straight, and your chest lifted as you bend your knees and lower your body towards the ground.
- Keep your knees over your ankles and your weight in your heels. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Ideal reps and sets: Start with 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps each.
5. Jump Rope
Jump rope is a fun and best morning exercise for energy as it improves cardiovascular fitness, coordination, and endurance.
It's also a low-impact exercise that's easy on your joints.
How To Do Jump Rope?
- To jump rope, start with the rope behind your heels and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Swing the rope over your head and jump over it with both feet. Keep jumping as the rope swings under your feet.
- If you're new to jumping rope, start with a slower pace and gradually increase your speed as you get more comfortable.
Ideal reps and sets: Start with 2-3 sets of 1-2 minutes each.
Incorporating these exercises into your morning routine can help to boost your energy levels and set a positive tone for the rest of your day.
To get the most out of your morning workout, try combining these exercises into a quick and efficient circuit.
Start with a few rounds of sun salutations to warm up your body, then move on to jumping jacks, mountain climbers, squats, and jump rope.
Take a quick break between each exercise to catch your breath, and aim to complete 2-3 rounds of the circuit.
By starting your day with these energizing morning exercises and workouts, you'll be setting yourself up for physical and mental success.
So why not try them and see how they can benefit your morning routine?